The Beaumont Business Association (BBA) and local businesses on NE Upper Fremont are proud to present the 27th Anniversary of the Fremont Festival to be held on August 3, 2013 from 8:00am to 6:00pm. Plans to close the street again from NE 42nd to NE 52nd are underway. The BBA is working on some new events that should attract families in and around surrounding neighborhoods. The event kicks off with a 5k run at 8:30am followed by a parade with children, bike and pets parade starting at Beaumont Middle School at 10:00am (registration starts at 9:00am).
Parents, kids and pets are encouraged to decorate their bikes, don their costumes for themselves and their pets and meet at the school at 9:00am. Vintage Cars will head up the parade followed by bikes and pets. There will be prizes awarded for Best Bike Decoration, Best Kids Costume, Best Parent Costume and Best Pet Costume. Dance Groups, Scouts, and others are encouraged to participate. After the parade the street will be closed and set up with vendors and games for all the neighbors to enjoy.
Some of the scheduled Events
- Foot Traffic to sponsor 5K run/walk – Click here for the map of the 5K run/walk which begins at 8:30am prior to the parade. Information on sign ups and times will be available through Foot Traffic.
- Local Establishments to Sponsor Pub Crawl – Plans are underway to create a spectacular Pub Crawl along NE Fremont during the Fremont Festival. Tickets can be purchased at the Beaumont Business Association Booths that will buy you tastes of local beers and other drinks at all the participating establishments along the street as well as a commemorative mug.
- Kids Zone – Be sure to bring the kids! This year’s Fest will feature bounce houses, crafts, face-painting, an animal hosital, the chance to paint a car, carnival games and so much more….all for only $5.00. You can buy your tickets at any of the BBA’s booths. For more information or if you want to volunteer and help, contact the BBA today.
- Entertainment – This year the Fremont Festival will have three stages with live bands and entertainment all day. The stages include the Main Stage, a Folk Stage and a Family Friendly Stage.
- Vendors – The 2013 Fremont Festival will have space for over 125 art/craft vendors selling local and exotic goods. Space if very limited! Please contact email@example.com if you would like more info, or click here to complete a 2013 vendor application.
- Parade – Join us to help kick-off the Fest at 10am with a parade down NE Fremont Street! Bring your kids or dogs and join the march! Parade staging will start at 9am at Beaumont Middle School parking lot, 4043 NE Fremont. Do you have a band or a group that would like to march? The parade also features vintage cars and is open to everyone (no political signs or promotions please). Please contact Matt Maloney today, otherwise just show up and join the fun….no pre-registration needed.
- Volunteers – Are you looking to give back to your community? Would you like to help make this festival a great success! The Fremont Fest is put on by many dedicated volunteers and we need many more to help on the day of the event. Please go to our Volunteer page and sign up today!
Thank you so much to our 2012 Fremont Fest Sponsors…..CLICK HERE TO VIEW
For more information contact Jessie Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org.